Financing & Leasing is available on this vehicle, for more details please visit our financing & leasing page here.
For more information or inquiries about this vehicle, please call: (203)335-9555
or if you would like to be contacted via email, please fill and submit the inquiry form.
1938 Alfa Romeo 6C 2500
VIN #: N/A
Redline Restorations is proud to offer this beautiful Alfa 6C 2500. This specific example has been rebodied, built in Bertone Style. With an original engine and drivetrain, this 6C has a rich racing history in South America during its golden years.
The Alfa Romeo 6C 2500 was introduced near the end of the 1930s. The 6C name was derived from the engine size, an inline-six while the 2500 represented the engines cubic-centimeter displacement size.
The engine was a version of Vittorio Jano designed six-cylinder engine. The 6C was available in a plethora of body styles and wheelbases and was produced during two different times in history. Most of the coachwork was handled by Touring of Italy or by Pinin Farina. The body styles ranged from coupes and convertible to a four-seater salon. In 1939 Alfa Romeo introduced the SS version, a short-wheelbase model, dubbed 'SS' for Super Sport, that had a high-compression 6C engine rated at 105 horsepower. It was the top-of-the line 6C model that married style and performance together to create the perfect road-going vehicle.
World War II had interrupted production for many automobile manufacturers. During this time many switched their efforts to support the war, such as building engines for marine and aircraft or by producing vehicles that were suitable for wartime. When Alfa Romeo resumed production, their vehicles were similar to those they had offered in 1939. The main difference was that Alfa Romeo now bodied the cars themselves rather than providing the rolling chassis for custom coachbuilders to body. The designs had become standard but they were still based on sketches and designs produced by coachbuilders such as Pinin Farina and Touring. Pinin Farina built the exclusive bodies such as the Cabriolet. These vehicles were elegant and stylish and had a price tag that matched. Touring built the Coupes which became known as the Villa d'Este in 1949 after winning the famous Concours d'Elegance Villa d'Este. When outfitted with the Superleggera, meaning light weight, bodies they were capable of a speed of over 100 mph.
The engines were similar to the Jano designed six-cylinder power plant, capable of producing 110 horsepower. Independent suspension was installed to soften the ride while improving performance and handling characteristics. A four-speed manual transmission was similar to the one used prior to the onset of the war.